Lookout Mobile Security

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 2 February 2012

When There is a Will There is A Way

Posted on 16:27 by Unknown
This post might be a source of inspiration for some of you and I meant it and want it to be like that. I have never opened up to you and showed you who the person you keep coming to his blog is ? Well here it starts with one lesson of perseverance from my modest and decent experience in life.


perseverance


I strongly believe in the axiom that goes: when there is a will there is a way. It has always been my motto in my life. Here are a couple of  examples  why I believe in this saying.  When I first started learning French, my friends used to tell me ' hey French is hard. It is not like English, it might take you years' and so much similar bubble. For me it was different, It was a language that I wanted to master no matter what it takes and whenever I stumbled upon hurdles and obstacles I kept repeating to myself : why my friend x is speaking it fluently, aren't I just as human as he is? This strategy proved its effectiveness and here I am now speaking a very fluent French.

The second example is when I was about to start blogging which was about  5 years ago . I was going around online looking for templates for my blog. I found quite  many and I tried several of them but each time I saw someone else's blog I would want one like his. I knew to change and tweak the design of a template would necessitate HTML and CSS knowledge and I am just an English teacher with no coding experience whatsoever. So after trying hard to find a template that would satisfy my cravings I finally decided to learn HTML and CSS from scratch. It is unbelievably true. It was like a challenge for me. I wanted to create my own template since I could not find one with the ' qualifications' I wanted. It was hard at the start and I used to spend 11 hours glued to my computer screen and after three months I was able to understand the components of the HTML and CSS of  blogs qnd websites. Each time I would  succeed in creating a valid HTM command or tweak a CSS value I would feel so much  happy and high in the seventh cloud. It is  the same feeling a student feels after having worked laboriously on a math excercise for several hours before he finally solved it. I lived like that for several months until I finally was able to create my own template. What was really  funny though was the reaction of some of my colleagues. They might be just like you now for they could not believe a teacher of English would poke his nose into technology matters. I did and I am glad I did and this blog is a living proof of my successful experience with technology.

It did not stop here with Educational Technology and Mobile Learning Blog. For after I personally designed this blog without spending a penny on it ( you will need to pay someone to do the coding for you if you want to design your blog the way you want and have no HTML knowledge ) I recently published a website that I again personally made and is called The Best of Mobile Technology where I write tips and reviews of free mobile applications. Now that I have a blog and a website I find it hard to keep up with posting four articles on each platform on a daily basis knowing that I am also working on my master thesis in the education department of Mount Saint Vincent  University in Halifax, Canada. Yet it is next to impossible that I would ever change this habit .

Yes it takes to give and I have sacrificed many things in my life especially the social side of it  for Blogging, teaching, and Master studies take all my time . Almost no socialising, no kids, no wife but I still enjoy it in my personal way

You might think this is not the life you want. I agree but you need to believe that when there is a will there is a way. You can apply this saying to all other aspects of your  life and you can interpret it the way you want but always think of others who need you, they need your time and they need the person who you are.

If you wanted to do something in your life and feel like you can not or been discouraged by others then just go ahead give it a try. Have faith in you, you can do it.........to be continued soon.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in 21s century education | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Android Trojan – Learn how to secure your Android
    I have just read an article written by Adrian Kingsley Hughes in ZDNET talking about an Android Trojan. Honestly speaking , i never though...
  • StoryLine Kids' Audio Stories Read Out Loud
    StoryLine is a great website that reads out stories out loud for kids and beginners.It is one of my favourite  story telling websites . It i...
  • Human Restore:Free educative documentaries
    Human restore is a a great website for educators. It is a repository of free engaging documentaries featuring different categories. This w...
  • FreezePage: Freeze pages for later use
    FreezePage is a great web tool. It is a sort of bookmarking tool that is completely different from all the other bookmarking tools we hav...
  • iTalk Recorder : A Free Audio Recording Mobile App
    iTalk Recorder is one of the top downloaded app for Ipad and iPhone . iTalk Recorder allows its users to record audio and save it into th...
  • Soapbox A Free Tool to Increase Students Engagement
    Soapbox is a new beta web service that allows teachers to get their students engagement and develop their interaction. Saopbox provides a pl...
  • The best free educational typing apps- learn typing easily
    If you are spending a considerable amount of time in front of your computer trying to write a short email to your friend then you need to co...
  • Novels On Location Find Novels on Google Maps
    Novels on Location is a great web service that allows its users to search for and find fiction works based on thier geographical settings. T...
  • Wordstash is a Great Vocabulary Learning Tool
    Wordstash is a cool online tool that help learners expand their vocabulary. It offers innovative and intuitive ways to enrich your linguisti...
  • Capzle Easily Create and Share Rich Media Timelines for Free
    Capzles is a cool web service for educators. It is basically a rich media platform where users can create their own Capzles with videos, pho...

Categories

  • 21s century education
  • 21st century teaching skills
  • android apps
  • audio conversion tools
  • audio tools
  • avatar creation tools
  • bookmarking tools
  • bp oil spill
  • cartoon making tools
  • Chrome extensions
  • cloud security
  • collaborative tools
  • creative tools
  • documentary websites
  • educational games
  • educational google tools
  • educational mobile apps
  • educational mobile games
  • educational music tools
  • educational search engines
  • educational web tools
  • Electrical network
  • email tips
  • facebook tips
  • file conversion tools
  • file search engines
  • file sharing tools
  • free ebooks
  • free google tools
  • free graphic organizers
  • free mobile apps
  • free presentation tools
  • google mobile apps
  • google search tips
  • google tutorials
  • image conversion tools
  • image editing tools
  • inforgraphic
  • internet safety tools
  • iPad apps
  • iPhone/iPad/iPod apps
  • learn english websites
  • learning tools
  • linear actuators
  • mobile apps
  • mobile audio apps
  • mobile brainstorming apps
  • mobile learning apps
  • mobile note taking apps
  • mobile notetaking apps
  • mobile social networking apps
  • mobile storytelling apps
  • mobile task management apps
  • mobile video apps
  • mobilelearning
  • most popular content
  • music apps
  • music websites
  • notetaking tools
  • organizing tools
  • PDF tools
  • photo tools
  • plagiarism checker
  • PLN
  • publishing tools
  • quiz tools
  • resume tools
  • San Diego data center
  • search tools
  • sharing tools
  • SnowPad
  • social networking tools
  • storage tools
  • teacher resources
  • tutorials
  • Twitter tools
  • VGA over Cat5
  • video resources
  • video tools
  • Vulnerability Management
  • week in review
  • word clouds tools; free graphic organizers
  • writing tools
  • youtube tools

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2012 (199)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ▼  February (83)
      • WebQuest Create and Access Interactive Quizes and ...
      • Hot Potatoes Easily Create Interactive Quizes and ...
      • Nottez Easily Take Notes Online
      • Gumnotes A Great Annotating and Note Taking Tool
      • Review of American Educational System ( infographic )
      • Recordr Easy Way to Record and Share Audio Messages
      • Clipgenerator Easily Create and Share Video Clips
      • Capzle Easily Create and Share Rich Media Timelin...
      • Build yourWild Self Easily Cartonize your Photos
      • EdWeb A Great Professional Learning Network for Ed...
      • A List of Top Educational Infographics ( Slideshow )
      • Cassiopedia Free High Definition Science Education...
      • Wizehive A Great Free Collaborative Workspace for ...
      • Bookemon Easily Create Digital Ebooks for Free
      • Chill Create, Share and Organize Videos for Free
      • A List of Free Apps for Students with Hearing and...
      • Free URL Shortening Tools for Teachers
      • Week in Review The Most Popular posts in Education...
      • Add Voice Narration to Presentations Using HelloSlide
      • Qwips Create and Share Free Voice Messages
      • Libreoffice A Free Great Alternative to Microsoft ...
      • Vidcaster Easily Create your Free Video Website
      • Infographic on The Digital Classroom
      • Online Video Training Brings the Classroom to Your...
      • Free Math Resources, Lesson Plans, Games and Print...
      • Easily Showcase your Stories Using Jux
      • LearnBoost A Free Management Tool for Educators
      • Live Translator A Great Translating Tool for Educa...
      • The Educational Use of Mobile Phones
      • Comparison between American Publich School Systems...
      • Flipped Classroom A New Learning Revolution
      • Microsoft Translator To Translate Anything with A ...
      • File Lab Free audio and Video Editing Software
      • Can Technology Save Today's Education ? ( Infograp...
      • Google Correlate Learn More about your Searches
      • Documentary Heaven Free Documentaries for Educators
      • iPad VS Textbooks Which is Best for Education
      • FreePhoto Educational Resource of Photos for Teach...
      • Documentaryz Free Video Resource for Educators
      • Masher Create Videos from Photos, Text and Music
      • Stupeflix An Easy Way to Create Videos
      • mySchooNoteBook A Great Educational Note Taking Tool
      • Filamentality Create and Share Learning Activities
      • Teaching Channel Free Resource of Educational Videos
      • TagMyDoc A New Way to Share Documents
      • Free Audio Tools for Teachers ( Presentation )
      • Social Media in Education Stats ( infographic )
      • The Digital Devide in Education
      • Infographic on The state of Students Debt
      • Predictions for Internet in 2012 ( infographic)
      • A List of Free audio books for kids
      • The Impact of Sleep Deprivation on Students Brains
      • Teachers Matter A great Research on Teachers Impac...
      • SideVibe Free Web Based Teaching Tool
      • A List of Free Graphic Organizers for Teachers and...
      • Free Tools and Resources about Internet Safety
      • Spool Access Your Data Offline
      • InnerBody Easily Explore and Learn about The Human...
      • MentorMob A Great Learning Playlists Creation Tool
      • Google Demo Slam Watch Awesome Tech Demos for Free
      • Todays Meet Create Collaborative Workspace for Free
      • Corkboard Organize and Share your Notes for Free
      • Skype in Education Free Collaborative Space for Ed...
      • Wunderkit Free Collaborative Workspace for Educators
      • Titan Pad A Free Collaborative Workspace for Educa...
      • Essay Tagger to Easily Grade Essays
      • Hot Apps to Improve Learner`s Thinking Skills for ...
      • 9 Great Articles about The 21st Century Education
      • The 21st Century Version of Digitised Alphabets
      • Open Culture Free Media Resources for Educators
      • Evi Audio Search Engine for Android
      • See Algebra in Real Life with Get The Math
      • Three Free Tools to Create Free Study Groups Online
      • How Educators, Teachers,Students Use Evernote
      • Write Your Own Textbook with Apple's iBooks Author...
      • Literature Map Find Authors you Like
      • Announcify Chrome Extension to Read Text Out Loud
      • When There is a Will There is A Way
      • The Proper Use of Citations and Referencing for Te...
      • Video Resources for Teachers.
      • YouTube Released Three Great Channels for Teacher...
      • Moglue Easily Create and Publish Ebooks
      • Novels On Location Find Novels on Google Maps
    • ►  January (102)
  • ►  2011 (301)
    • ►  December (33)
    • ►  November (21)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (41)
    • ►  July (122)
    • ►  June (55)
    • ►  May (6)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile